VolkerWessels is exploring a possible Initial Public Offering (IPO) and listing on Euronext Amsterdam.
Exploration of this possible IPO follows the intention of the shareholder of VolkerWessels, the Wessels family, to diversify its assets. The Supervisory Board and the Executive Board have therefore decided to explore strategic options, including an IPO. In the event of an IPO, no new shares will be issued. The Wessels family emphasize their intention to remain as long term shareholder of VolkerWessels as a listed company.
Mr. J.A. (Jan) de Ruiter will be appointed as Chairman of the Executive Board of VolkerWessels. Mr. De Ruiter has extensive management experience. The latest positions of Mr. De Ruiter include Chairman RBS N.V. (2008-2015), ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Global Head M&A and ECM (2004 – 2007) and joint CEO ABN AMRO Rothschild (2003 – 2007). The appointment is subject to the customary approvals.
After this appointment the Executive Board of VolkerWessels consists of:
- J.A. (Jan) de Ruiter (1962), Chairman
- J.G. (Jan) van Rooijen (1970), CFO
- A. (Alfred) Vos (1969), COO and responsible for Foreign markets and Energy & Telecom Infrastructure
- D. (Dick) Boers (1966), responsible for Construction and Real Estate Development Netherlands
- H.J. (Henri) van der Kamp (1960), responsible for Infrastructure Netherlands
Further announcements will be made if and when necessary.