Organised by Parking Review magazine, the awards seek to identify and reward well designed and managed parking facilities. Thanks to the experience and the skill of the VolkerLaser team we helped to transform one of Brighton & Hove City Council's key car parks with a major refurbishment project.
The Lanes car park is a 347-space, pay on foot car park which sits in the centre of the city, at the heart of the Lanes shopping area, close to the Palace Pier, Brighton Town Hall, restaurants and theatres. For many visitors, the car park is the front door to the city creating their first and last impressions of Brighton & Hove.
The objectives of the refurbishment were to:
• Transform the car park's "look and feel"
• Develop a distinctive "brand" and signal a new beginning
• Create a safe and secure environment and attain the Safer Parking Scheme
• Improve access links to the external public realm and coordinate with new, citywide wayfinding strategy
• "De-clutter" the car park to improve visibility and "cleanability"
• Save energy by installing more efficient lighting and ventilation systems
• Deliver excellent value for money
The project has successfully created an environment which enhances the local area and offers excellent value for money.
Mike Weaver, Managing Director, was delighted to win the award, "VolkerLaser always strive for excellence in car park refurbishment, and this award is as a result of the hard work and effort of our partnering team which, through collaborative working, radically transformed this underground city centre car park from a dark, gloomy and intimidating environment into a high quality, bright and secure car park".